Labirinto d’Acque 2018 is the Italian focal point for the UN-Water World Water Day celebrations. Held in the Labyrinth of Franco Maria Ricci (www.labirintodifrancomariaricci.it) will be the first in a series and will be repeated every other year.
The 2018 edition will initiate with an International Conference (March 21) followed by three days, March 22, 23 and 24, of cultural events. The General Program is on the web page: www.labirintodacque.it/program.
March 21, 2018, International Conference will address the challenge of the century: the global water crisis and its connections with climate change, sustainability, innovation. Researchers, practitioners, public institutions, and industry are invited to showcase the latest science, technology and best practice in the water sector at large. The Conference includes:
– High-level symposium (morning) on water resources, aimed to report on the state and future prospects, organized jointly with:
• UN Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD)
• UN Commission for Hydrology of the World Meteorological Organization (CHy-WMO)
• World Water Assessment Programme (WWAP) of UNESCO
• Italian National Institute for Environmental Protection and Research (ISPRA).
– Oral presentations (afternoon) on innovation and water efficiency, organized jointly with the Po river basin district Authority, Interregional Agency for the Po river and Emilia-Romagna regional Agency for environment and energy.
– Whole-day exhibit (parallel session) run by participants on the theme of the conference.
Language – English
Conference web page http://www.unipr.it/labirintodacque
Conference secretariat – information
University of Parma – eu.watercenter
Email [email protected]
Tel +39 0521 906550
Mob +39 334 5246858
Date(s) - 21/03/2018 - 24/03/2018
Strada Masone 121